Top: Computers: Software: Operating_Systems:
|This category in other languages:|
- Convergence International
- The non-Wintel user group, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary.
- Acromania: OS - from Ziff-Davis.Net.
- Alternative OSs on the net - Huge, comprehensive, alphabetized list of operating systems and OS link sites. All links, no comments.
- badlinks.com - Links to news and sites for Macintosh, Linux, BEOS, Kosh, Amiga, YellowDogLinux, Redhat, and most other alternate OSs for the Macintosh and PC markets.
- A Catalog of Operating Systems - Classified, alphabetic listing of most operating systems, past and present, distributed commercially or reported in English-language literature, platform oriented. From Computer Science 258, West Virginia University.
- Entries Relating to Operating System - Alphabetized list of some 500 links to entries that relate to OSs, from FOLDOC (Free Online Dictionary of Computing) at the University of Brighton, BURKS project.
- How Stuff Works: Operating Systems - Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, and many related links.
- Internet Operating System Counter - Statistics on Internet OS use, WWW, FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in last survey.
- Jeff Silverman's operating system comparison page - Compares 6 different OSs in an effort to find which is the 'best' OS: Windows 98/NT4/2000, Linux Redhat6.2/SPARC/Alpha/Itanium, SunOS PC. Good sized, interesting, useful table. System administrator viewpoint.
- Microcomputer Operating Systems - Some 70 OSs which run on microcomputers and PCs. Earlier systems have command-line, character-oriented, user interfaces, later systems are mostly GUI-based. List, with brief descriptions, no links.
- Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter - The web-based operating system quality and approval metric.
- Operating Systems - Tutorials, tips, links to free online how-to guides for BeOS, DOS, Macintosh; POSIX, Unix, Linux; OS/2, Windows 3.x-95/98/Me-NT/2000/XP-CE, more, from Knowledge Hound how-to directory.
- OperatingSystems.net - Begun as 'Server Operating Systems Technical Comparison: how does Rhapsody compare as a server OS'; has expanded to compare and contrast other OSs. Technical and non-technical comparisons, recommendations for varied kinds of content creation.
- Opsys.net - Operating system and development news; programming and networking resources, all in one easy to use website.
- The OS Center: All About Operating Systems - Alphabetized descriptions and links on many operating systems, related issues, research groups and organizations.
- OS Counter and Help System - Place to register what you feel about your OS, see what others think of it, get help with it, and/or help others with theirs.
- The OS Files - Total operating systems portal, providing details on all x86 based OS with news, information, secret tips, background, links and availability for every current and planned OS that runs on the PC platform, including Microsoft's Whistler.
- OS Musings - News and views on operating systems and related aspects of computers.
- OS News: Exploring the Future of Computing - Online magazine on operating systems and computing environments.
- OS Projects - List, links to some two dozen projects.
- OS Projects - Sortable database of links to many OS projects all over the WWW. Sorts OSs into many broad categories to make it easier to search.
- OS WebRing - Many links, many OSs.
- osOpinion - Tech Opinion commentary for the people, by the people.
- Ourbrisbane.com - Wintel Alternatives - Gives some advice to business owners about the best or most useful computer systems, and argues that Windows + Intel is not always the most sppropriate combination.
- Pat Gunn's OS page - Descriptions and graphics from many OSs.
- Paul Hsieh OS Page - About 100 links to developer resources for creating OSs, emulators, and alternative OSs.
- Review of Operating Systems - Some 1,000 OS links, and much original content.
- ServerWatch OS Server Sort - Looking for a server that runs a given OS? See a comprehensive list of servers grouped by OS. All servers listed above are profiled.
- Vintage OS - Information on DOS, OS/2, Unix, BSD, Mac, and other vintage operating systems.
- VMware, Inc. - Virtual Platform Technology: a virtual machine that allows running many OSs at once: BSDs, DOS, Linux, and Windows.